When sending archers (range attack) as the main attack, you dont need any 'other troops' just 1 of each
- exception would be ballista and catapults which also are 'range' attackers.
A standard archer (range attack) attack consists of: xxxx archers + 1 warrior, 1 worker, 1 pike, 1 sword
xxxx ballista, xxxx archers, + 1 warrior, 1 worker, 1 pike, 1 sword
* there is no need to send any more than 1 of each 'foot' troops on a range attack
* Exception applies if you are searching for medals, send warriors for high loss's on valley attacks
From the Wheel of Fortune you may occasionally win a Battalion of one kind or another.
- Do not open them if you do not have the food to feed the troops you get!
- One tip is to hold onto them, they can be useful later in the game.
- Use them if you need some troops in a hurry.
- Use them, then dismiss all the troops if you need some quick resources